Welcome to the NCHE Online Resource Centre (NOR). You can browse through the catalogue below and download documents for use in your programmes. Documents and resources that are found in the NOR include original resources that were created in and outside of Uganda, resources created by Partner Organizations, resources and tools created by HEI experts. Please use these documents for your needs and share them widely. When you are using the documents or tools, we ask that you reference your sources where appropriate.We welcome suggestions or comments to this site. Help us make the NOR a one-stop resource site for supporting HEI needs in Uganda.
About our Collection
The NCHE Resource Centre provides a platform for supporting the development and improvement of Higher Education Institutions (HEI) through access to information and technology resources, innovation and training. The collection reflects our core priority areas of Higher Education Management, Higher Education Regulation &General Areas of National Interest.
- Reference Service
- Individual book loans
- Access to Online Academic Books and e-journals
- Photocopying and scanning from resource Centre print collection
- Research assistance via phone, online chat and Ask-a-Librarian email service
Services Available to Members
The Resource Centre offers a wide range of services. These services aim at collecting, managing and disseminating Higher Education Information; providing professional leadership in Library and Information services delivery and promoting a reading culture among staff in Higher Education Institutions.
Who can use this service?
The Resource centre primarily targets the following categories:
- Researchers, HEI Managers, policy and decision makers
- Students enrolled for Postgraduate and Masters programmes in Uganda
- Corporate and professional bodies may register for corporate membership
- Individual researchers focusing in Higher Education Sector
- Staff employed at the Ministry of Education and Sports, researching remotely, may use Resource Centre Services
- Staff employed at National Council for Higher Education
- Staff from Higher Education Institutions in Uganda
Plot M834, Kigobe Road – Kyambogo
P.O.Box 76 Kyambogo – Kampala
Fax: 256 312 262 145
Monday to Friday: 8.00 am – 5.00 pm
Monday to Friday:9.00 am – 4.00 pm
Closed on Public Holidays
The National Council reserves the right to change entirely at its discretion any or all the stock, electronic, virtual, paper etc. at any time during the term of membership