About the Journal
The Uganda Higher Education Review Journal of the National Council for Higher Education (NCHE) provides a visible outlet for definitive articles that discuss the theory,practice and policies relating to the role, development, management and improvement of higher education from a national, regional and international viewpoint. The journal provides a platform for scholars, researchers and higher education institutions to make a contribution to scholarly debate through the publication of quality peer-reviewed articles.
This journal is a product of the call for papers following the 3rd Annual Higher Education Conference (Virtual) organized by the National Council for Higher Education, held from 18 to 20 May 2021 at Makerere University Business School (MUBS) in Kampala, Uganda.
The 3rd Annual Higher Education Conference was virtually conducted owing to the prevailing limitations on physical interaction because of the COVID-19 pandemic. The theme of the Conference was “Adaptation to Current and Future Challenges for Higher Education under the COVID-19 Pandemic”.
The 3rd Annual Higher Education Conference aims at exploring ways and means of enhancing smart learning environments and technologies in view of the limited physical interactions at institutions of higher learning due to COVID-19.
The National Council for Higher Education, the organizer of the conference, was interested in papers that focused on:
- The ODeL context is relevant to teaching and learning interventions.
- The impact of COVID-19 on the internationalization of higher education, the cross-border movements of students.
- Effective pedagogical practices for online teaching.
- Higher education financing strategies for the attraction and retention of students.
- The policy and strategic frameworks for higher education recovery under COVID-19.
- Crisis-sensitive higher education planning and management.
Prof. Mary J.N Okwakol Ph.D
National Council for Higher Education